KINGS POINT, N.Y. (March 27, 2018) – On Monday, the Skyline Conference announced its weekly award winners and U.S. Merchant Marine Academy junior Jessica Reilly (Sayville, N.Y.) earned a spot on the women's lacrosse weekly honor roll. This is the second time this season that Reilly has earned this accolade (March 12). The recognition comes after her performance in the Mariners' lone game last week – a 16-12 home loss to rival Coast Guard on Tuesday night.
Reilly led all players in the affair with five goals and seven draw controls, while also tying for the game-high with three caused turnovers. The junior also scooped up three GBs in the losing effort. She continues to rank among the Skyline leaders, as she is tied for first in the conference with 22 goals and is the outright leader with 14 caused turnovers. Her 24 points rank fourth in the league, while her 22 groundballs are second and her 29 draw controls are tied for second.
Five other Mariners are also among the Skyline statistical leaders. They are listed below.
- Sophomore Elena Chamberland's (Lakeland, Fla.) 20 groundballs rank third in the league.
- Junior Hannah Gizzi (Finksburg, Md.) is fourth in the conference with an 8.25 goals against average.
- Junior Meredith Willard (Portland, Maine) ranks eighth in the Skyline in two categories, goals (13) and points (19) and her six assists are 10th.
- Junior Maura Malone (Yorktown, Va.) is tied for sixth with 23 draw controls and tied for ninth with 12 goals.
- Freshman Kelly Midas (Clarksville, Md.) is tied for eighth with seven caused turnovers.
The Mariners are back in action this afternoon, when they travel to Mahwah, N.J. to take on Ramapo College in a non-conference contest beginning at 4 p.m. Live stats for the game are available at this link.
Receive USMMA Women's Lacrosse News Right To Your E-Mail!
If you would like to receive the latest news on the USMMA women's lacrosse team, including all press releases, send an e-mail to Assistant Athletic Director for Communications Joe Guster at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Women's Lacrosse E-Mails."
Follow USMMA Athletics On Social Media!
Be sure to follow USMMA Athletics on social media to get up-to-the-minute updates on your favorite teams! Start following today on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!