COLLEGEVILLE, Pa. (March 23, 2019) – The USMMA men's and women's track & field teams opened the outdoor season on Saturday at the Ursinus Invitational. No team scores were kept at the event, and the Mariners had a few noteworthy performances on the day.
Highlighting the event was freshman Robin King's (Raymond, Ohio) performance in the 10,000 meter run. She set a new Academy Record with a time of 41:00.22.
Additionally, in the men's hammer throw, senior David Collins (North Kingstown, R.I.) and sophomore Ivan Goretoy (West Warwick, R.I.) placed first and second, respectively, as Collins heaved the hammer 45.35 meters (148' 9") and Goretoy had a toss of 45.28 meters (148' 7").
Below are all of the Mariners' top-five finishes at the event.
- Freshman Anna Grafton (Belmont, N.H.) came in second in the Women's 1500m (5:15.16)
- Junior Ally McFadyen (Saint James, N.Y.) came in second in the Women's Discus (32.75m / 107' 5")
- Freshman Tyler Pittman (Albuquerque, N.M.) came in second in the Men's 3000m Steeplechase (10:39.10)
- Junior Kaleigh D'Arcy (White Plains, N.Y.) came in third in the Women's 800m (2:34.38)
- King came in third in the 5000m (20:22.86)
- Freshman Lucas Jordan (Littleton, Colo.) came in third in the Men's 5000m (16:33.02)
- Freshman Brooke Jorstad (La Crosse, Wis.) came in fourth in the Women's 1500m (5:19.03)
- Senior James Gunderson (Bloomington, Minn.) came in fifth in the Men's 3000m Steeplechase (10:59.90)
- The Men's 4x100m Relay Team of Leon Wilson (Troy, N.Y.), Christian Acevedo-Perez (Fort Knox, Ky.), Joseph Henderson and Jesse Byorth (Billings, Mont.) came in fifth place (47.33)
The complete results from the meet can be found at this link.
The Mariners' next meet is a home rivalry head-to-head meeting with Coast Guard on Wednesday, April 3. Action is set to get underway at 3 p.m. at Brooks Stadium. A live video feed of that meet will be available at this link.
Receive USMMA Track & Field News Right To Your E-Mail!
If you would like to receive the latest news on the USMMA track & field teams, including all press releases, send an e-mail to Assistant Athletic Director for Communications Joe Guster at email@example.com with the subject "Men's Track & Field E-Mails" for the men's team and "Women's Track & Field E-Mails" for the women's team.
Follow USMMA Athletics On Social Media!
Be sure to follow USMMA Athletics on social media to get up-to-the-minute updates on your favorite teams! Start following today on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!