With the victory the Bears were able to secure the Superintendent's Trophy given to the Academy which wins the most sporting events during the academic year.
The best showing for Kings Point was from freshman Rich Hine (Elkton, Md.) who took Coast Guard sophomore Joe Sullivan to a second set tie-breaker after the first set 6-1 in the number five singles slot.
Hine also fared well in his number two doubles match with sophomore Biondi Phua (Singapore, Singapore) in their 8-3 loss to the Bears duo of Austin Dean/Chris Hoffman.
Sunday, March 27: Coast Guard 9, USMMA 0
2. Josh Fischer- CGA def. Biondi Phua –KP, 6-0, 6-0
3. Anthony Foss- CGA def. Cesar Pinilla-KP, 6-2, 6-2
4. Matt Faha-CGA def. Steve Ficken-KP, 6-3, 6-2
5. Joe Sullivan-Springhetti-CGA def. Rich Hine-KP, 6-1, 7-6(5)
6. Erik Oredson -CGA def. Christina Fernandez-O'Toole-KP 6-2, 6-3
1. Nick Martin/Greg Mitchell- CGA def. Jeff Gulitus/Cesar Padilla-KP, 8-1
2. Austin Dean/Chris Hoffman-CGA def. Biondi Phua/Rich Hine-KP, 8-3
3. Josh Fischer/ Blake Maurer-CGA def. Steve Ficken/Manny Tishler –KP, 8-0