KINGS POINT, N.Y. (June 11, 2018) – The Skyline Conference recently announced that a total of 92 student-athletes have been selected to the Skyline All-Sportsmanship Teams for the 2017-18 Winter and 2018 Spring seasons. The U.S. Merchant Marine Academy had 10 student-athletes – one from each team that participates in the Skyline Conference – honored on the list.
The All-Sportsmanship Team recognizes student-athletes who epitomize the ideals of sportsmanship. The student-athletes selected demonstrate fair play, graciousness in victory and respectfulness in defeat. They are ambassadors for the team, both on and off the field, and galvanize their teammates toward their goals. These student-athletes exhibit respect for themselves, teammates, coaches, opponents, officials, spectators, and the greater campus community.
The following 10 Mariner student-athletes were named to the Skyline All-Sportsmanship Team for the 2017-18 Winter and 2018 Spring seasons:
- Men's Basketball: Senior Adam Church (Hedgesville, W.Va.)
- Women's Basketball: Sophomore Shelby Peters (El Dorado Hills, Calif.)
- Men's Swimming & Diving: Senior Matheus Macedo (Elk Grove, Calif.)
- Women's Swimming & Diving: Junior Colleen Griffin (Kinnelon, N.J.)
- Baseball: Junior Jesse Reinebold (Granger, Ind.)
- Men's Lacrosse: Senior Tucker Dodson (Charleston, S.C.)
- Women's Lacrosse: Senior Rebecca Bessler (Kent, Wash.)
- Men's Tennis: Junior Daniel Zakrevski (Forest Hills, N.Y.)
- Men's Outdoor Track & Field: Freshman David Aranda (Ridgecrest, Calif.)
- Women's Outdoor Track & Field: Freshman Audrey Dean (Bolton, Conn.)
For the complete release from the Skyline Conference, click here.
In addition to being part of the Skyline Conference mission statement, the NCAA Division III Philosophy Statement encourages "the development of sportsmanship and positive societal attitudes in all constituents, including student-athletes, coaches, administrative personnel and spectators."
Follow USMMA Athletics On Social Media!
Be sure to follow USMMA Athletics on social media to get up-to-the-minute updates on your favorite teams! Start following today on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!